Monday, April 7, 2014

Banana Split Bites


I recently was blessed to review the amazing cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Keller who is best known for the amazing dessert tables she makes for Hollywood celebrities. 

EAT MORE DESSERT is overflowing with simple-to-make and fun-to-eat treats for any celebration, big or small.  With themes ranging from baby showers, weddings, holidays and birthday parties, you’ll find ideas and recipes to celebrate any and every occasion.  In addition to over 100 dessert recipes, the book is filled with tips and tricks for creating the perfect dessert table, from choosing a fantastic theme to styling your sweets. The themes were my favorite. I want my kids to have this book for when they have kids. Wish I would have had it around. Get yours at AmazonBarnes & NobleBooks-a-MillionIndie Bound, and wherever books are sold.
One of the cute desserts in this book is the simple banana split bites. I had a movie marathon with the ladies and I made a knock-off of these. They were so good and devoured quickly, so make sure you make a lot of them! They really do taste like a banana split, but they are much more healthy! Naturally gluten-free, enjoy!
Banana Split Bites
adapted from Eat More Dessert 
Makes 12 mini bites

4 Ripe bananas
12 ounces good chocolate
whipping cream
sprinkles
crushed nuts (I used cashews)
candy for topping or fresh cherries

Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 3 minutes at 50% power. Stir until smooth.

Peel and cut off the ends of the bananas. Discard them, I did this by popping them into my mouth. Cut each banana into three pieces. Dip the ends into melted chocolate and sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles or nuts. Place upright on waxed paper to dry. 

Top the bananas with whipping cream and a candy or cherry. (Your choice). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.